were curious
and left school ready and wise
I saw a world without loneliness
where friends lived in neighborhoods
and stopped by for tea
or to help fold laundry
Where wives were not too tired for fun
and husbands remembered romance
long after they'd forgotten
where they'd left their slippers
I saw a world that was safe
for children to explore
barefoot with squirt guns
Yet dangerous
for valiant men
and daring women to quest
armed with sharp wits and strong hearts
Where there was enough work to eat
and enough time for rest
Where "yes" meant "yes"
and "no" meant "no"
And there were always hugs
for the disappointed
and cheers for the victorious
I saw a world that was wonderful,
it wasn't quite gone when I opened my eyes.
or to help fold laundry
Where wives were not too tired for fun
and husbands remembered romance
long after they'd forgotten
where they'd left their slippers
I saw a world that was safe
for children to explore
barefoot with squirt guns
Yet dangerous
for valiant men
and daring women to quest
armed with sharp wits and strong hearts
Where there was enough work to eat
and enough time for rest
Where "yes" meant "yes"
and "no" meant "no"
And there were always hugs
for the disappointed
and cheers for the victorious
I saw a world that was wonderful,
it wasn't quite gone when I opened my eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment