Positivity. It overcomes negativity. I need more of it in my life and in myself.
I blame American Academe. In the words of my incisive and wise friend and fellow blogger, "Being intelligent in America is based on what you know is wrong, and knowing why it's wrong, instead of knowing what is right and why it's right."
willplayforfood1234.blogspot.com
Also from this gem of a woman, "It is very important to pay attention to how you talk to and about yourself: talk to yourself like you are someone that you love."
I don't plan on losing my sarcasm anytime soon; it's trademark and I think it pairs nicely with my smile, but I have noticed an increasing note of jaded bitterness in my speech. Also, a tendency to bond with people through commiseration in criticism and judgment rather than shared interests or joy. It doesn't actually matter if it started when I returned to classes or if I've been heading for it for some time now. I don't like it. It's the easy road, the low road of less resistance. So, as the beginning of a series of small steps to counteract this trend, here's the sunshine filling my glass, in no particular order:
Lord willing, I get to graduate in a year instead of a year and a half!
Armor Thyroid is back in production, and I have some again so I am able to think about the same subject for more than 2 minutes straight!
I have my own apartment and the move went really well and it is gorgeous and I love living in it by myself!
I have been looking up recipes and cooking lovely protein-vegetable meals for myself at least every other night. I am pretty good in the kitchen and I'm improving.
I have a little yard with lovely potted plants in it and lots of trees and vines that blow and bluster in the wind.
I have a date on Thursday, which is a nice thing to look forward to.
My church is full of people who really love Jesus and want to know Him more.
My church is full of people who really love me and who go out of their ways to take care of me when I am in need.
I have friends of the kind you keep forever.
I have friends of the kind you keep forever on this side of the Atlantic.
I have friends of the kind you keep forever in this town.
I have friends who still love me even when I don't email them for a whole year. Or two.
I am no longer at all heartbroken about G.
I have total freedom to utterly abandon all personal projects that I no longer want to complete.
I can light candles in my new place.
I have access to two excellent libraries and I have been exercising this privilege to explore classic rock. I'm so happy that I like Led Zeppelin.
Unless my schedule dramatically changes, I get to take self defense in the fall.
I have a lot of pairs of very cute striped and patterned socks in ridiculous colors. Wearing them is very happy.
I walk most places now. This is a good way to live.
My family loves each other and is alive. This is easy to take for granted, but it is HUGE.
I am not worried.
I am not worried about where I will get rent or money for food.
I am not worried about power outages.
I am not worried for my life outside my house or in it at night.
I am grateful.
Summer is coming, warm weather is here. The sun is shows its face almost everyday!
Fall is probably following summer. It's my favorite!
I can count on Christ.
God is in His Heaven, All will be well. Soon, He said.
5.10.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment