Someday I will draw my mind at the moment. But for now, I paint with words:
Grey skies, streaked with pink and orange and glittering with stars.
Rich brown earth everywhere, and here and there some green and flowers stick out, distinct but vaguely patterned.
I dig.
The roots of the flowers and greens seem to branch out, but when I follow the roots they connect, becoming more and more entwined and solid the further down I go.
I myself become entwined and twisted, but never trapped-- cold air and starlight draw me on.
My world turns-- or I do,
and I emerge, upside down or right side up.
Green grass, blue skies, puffy clouds.
On the other end of entwined flower and green roots grows a Giant Tree.
It's fruit is good.
Who needs the stars when you can have the sun?
7.07.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment