The brink beckons
step up, step off
the known has done
and what is to come?
Inky black
and a fresh breeze
caress your face
and nudge your knees
Just Jump, my friend--
in celebration and rebellion
with exhilaration and abandon
in freedom and in faith.
Does your soul sigh?
For whistling wind and a free fall--
an interesting identity,
different deeds and wild, weird ways;
paths that are opposed?
Welcome to the wide spaces
there are still highways, here
but they are unmarked with lanes
and all the adventures are off-roads, anyways.
The Carpenter is calling, Cowboy
To campfires and fistfights on spiritual plains
In dusty pick-up trucks amid the mustangs
Assured only of Himself
His provision and His plans
and the surprising sense
that He's got it all in hand
The traveled road
continues on
missing those that jumped
for a deep beyond.
I believe that I will meet you there
Free-falling in faith
through dark, tangy air.
I hope you are grinning
in the inky black.
The brink beckons
and smiles back.
7.11.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment