I am lost in the wreckage of my broken heart
My crushed dreams distract me
Glittering, their shards reflect stray beams
of the inappropriate sunlight.
What right has the sun to shine
when my heart can only weep and sigh?
Yet, it might be worse for me in wet weather
for we were lovers in the rain.
I am rejected.
Dejected.
Abject.
An object of pity.
I wrap it around my shoulders, a poor blanket
it cannot stave off the anger that slowly freezes my broken heart
I cannot drive away this love for you
It haunts the ruins of my heart
A ghoul that looks so kind and beautiful, but leaves me empty handed
I am beginning to hate you for it
You have not been good to me
Yet, who is quite like you?
Your quirks and details, our private jokes, are the sharp edges
on the shards of my shattered dreams
which cut me open as I brush them aside.
I lie bleeding
In a lake of my tears
lined with the glittering sand of my splintered dreams
deep in the wreckage of my broken heart.
My love for you stands on the edge of this valley
and looks on my ruin
with dark brown eyes so full of compassion
whispers, "I'm sorry,"
and does nothing.
10.06.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment